Collection and Use of Personal Data
At JBR & Co, we aim to provide you with a memorable experience—one that is safe, smooth and personalized. To this end, we collect and store your personal information that you share with us from time to time. This enables us to provide you with products, features and services that most likely meet your needs, and to provide you with a customized website experience that is safer and smoother. JBR & Co collects only such Personal Information that we believe to be relevant to your experience with JBR & Co and which is required to understand you or your interests.
Information we collect about you includes, but is not limited to:
- When you sign up to our newsletter
- When you enter competitions and prize draws;
- When you register with the Website, by phone or by email, or provide personal information which you complete, or which we complete at your request in-store via a store card;
- When you place an order on our Website;
- If you ask us to receive personalized online content such as targeted advertising;
- If you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a product or our after-sale care and support services, to report a problem with the Website or a product or for any other reason
With your consent, we process the following personal data which you provide when you interact with the Website and use the related services and functions. The data may include your first and surname, title, gender, birthdate (day, month & year), anniversary (day, month & year) email address, phone number, address, as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
The information collected from you via our Website will be matched with personal information you may have given us in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept accurate and up to date.
We work closely with third parties, for example, business partners, sub-contractors for technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. If we receive information about you from them, we will always seek assurances that they are providing information to us in accordance with data protection laws and that they are transparent with you that they may share your data with us. We may use this information to update our records about you to keep them accurate.
You can choose to remain anonymous and browse the website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our website. This information is used to conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
Promoting safety and security
We abide by the principles of legality, legitimacy, and transparency, use, and process the least data within a limited scope of purpose, and take technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the data. We use personal data to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Here is a description of the types of personal data we may collect and how we may use it:
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use and share non-personal data we receive or collect from you without restrictions. We use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes:
To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. to process and complete your orders and to process your payments;
- To remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased*;
- To tailor our Website content to your needs and preferences*;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the Website, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- For our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To deliver relevant advertising to you, for example, newsletters*; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest to you*.
- To carry out automated decision-making and profiling for the purpose of identifying what information or advertising you might like to see from use, for example, by creating individual or group profiles.
Your data may in any case be processed, even without your consent, for the purpose of complying with laws, regulations, to perform statistics on the Website’s usage and ensure its proper functioning, to establish or defend the legal claims in the interest of the Company.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyses demographic and profile data about our users activity on our website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. We may occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information (such as PIN code, age, or income level). You may choose not to participate. We use this data to tailor your experience with our website, providing you with content that we think you might be interested in and to display content according to your preferences.
You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time through the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every marketing email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Technologies
You can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the user-friendly features we have built in our website.
Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your data, and to correctly use the data we collect. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us.
If you ask us to stop processing your personal information in a certain way or erase your personal information, and this type of processing or information is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or is required to enable us to provide you with a service (such as to manage your online account), you may not be able to use the Website or the service as you did before.
This does not include your right to object to direct marketing which can be exercised at any time without restriction. Please allow at least 10 working days for your request to be actioned.